My dog had to go potty desperately. The mad gang of wasps and yellow jackets had seemingly disappeared. I led her out the door and down the steps quickly. The few that were left began to dive bomb and swarm. My poor dog got stung twice.
That was it!
I committed the atrocity that I constantly beg my husband to refrain from doing whenever he sees a bug on the porch. I resorted to chemical warfare. It made me feel sick. But one of my cats and my dog were stung. I have neighbors that come and go. My husband and I need to be able to go in and out of that door.
I found where my husband hid the spray. And after one last warning...I used it. It broke my heart but I did it anyway. And now there are no wasps or yellow jackets swarming. There were a few stray bumble bees who flew by out of curiosity maybe. I shooed them away because of the fumes.
I just got done washing down my porch. Thank goodness the majority of the wasps and the yellow jackets left before I resorted to chemical warfare. *sigh*
Why am I putting this on my blog? Because I am upset for the loss of those wasps and yellow jackets. I am upset that I felt so out of options that I gave in and used the bug spray. If I share this with people around me they will not understand. Most think the only good bug/bee is a dead one.
But I treasure them all. I am sorry that my pets were injured by them. I am sorry that the wasps and yellow jackets died. Silly or not...crazy or not..this is how I feel.