Monday, April 16, 2018

This I Know




Stumbling through life has it's merits.  I can see this now.  It's messy, uncomfortable at times, enlightening, joyous, heartbreaking and unpredictable.  You never know what you will find.  I should know because that is pretty much how I started my early years and continued well into adulthood.

As the years went by my gait through this journey became more steady, even though I still could not fully grasp what was pulling me or what I was heading towards.  I just kept moving along.  I was chasing dreams, running from failure, or just moving ahead because I didn't know what else to do.  I always had this idea that whatever I felt in my heart I was searching for was just over the horizon.

Now this isn't bad.  I did learn a lot of useful things along the way when I took the time to think about it.  I learned valuable life skills, got an idea how the world works, had many different types of relationships.  I expanded my mind as I expanded my living experience.  But I always had this feeling that I was chasing something that I could not name.  Some part of myself that was ahead, totally in control and just waiting for me to catch up.

Now all along this wonderful, painful and sometimes very unsteady journey;  I could sense my Inner Guidance trying to come through.  And it helped a lot.  I developed a deep faith in my Spirituality which gave me a calmer and more stable approach.  But I didn't always take the time to listen.  I was chasing something "out there", not paying attention to what was inside of me.  

Finally, I took the time to listen.  I mean truly listen to what was within me.  And it took my breath away.  The simplicity of it to my preconditioned my mind was amazing yet complicated at the same time.  But I kept slowing down long enough to "listen" and the truth I was sensing in it resonated more and more with me.  

I finally got it.  All this searching and running after what I was supposed to be doing, what I was supposed to look like, accomplishing and experiencing was not helping me find what I needed.  I realized it was like looking for my glasses while they have been resting on my head the entire time.  

I let life catch up and catch on.  I made the decision to live life in this moment, where I am now.  Instead of searching, I am observing and noticing things I always overlooked in my haste to get to the next phase or place in my life.  I discovered that there is a deep sense of curiosity for many things I overlooked before.  

What I will do with this realization; I am not sure.  I will grow into it and see where it takes me.  I will see what  I can observe, experience, meet and learn as I walk with my life step by step.  Moment by moment.  

This I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Way of Circulating Life Force of the Body and Aura

Promoting better circulation of Chi through your Aura, Chakras and the physical body is one of the simplest and most efficient ways to h...