Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Beautiful Sunday Morning

I have freed a big part of my day for this beautiful Sunday. I have mowed my huge lawn..(more like three fields.), cleaned the main part of the house, done the laundry, cooked all week long. I enjoyed doing all these things because it was in my own time. I was not rushed or exhausted from my outside job. I am still reeling from the idea of having every weekend off. After a year and a half it is still a novelty.


Especially on days like today. I have the opportunity to do just about anything I want to do. Well, within reason. Because even though I have more time to do the things I love, I have way less money. I don't mind because we have enough to meet our needs and we,my partner and I, are enjoying the rewards of a simpler and less hectic life.


I had made plans for today with a friend but she had a domestic disaster involving a water pipe at her house and was not able to go. I feel bad for her. I cringe at how many times Life has handed me something like that to deal with. “Shudder”


When I lived in Virginia, the rare times that I actually had a day off and was not too exhausted to go somewhere; I would meet my friends for dinner or we would get together at one of our houses. I always enjoyed this immensely. And, of course, I miss it.


I am having my coffee and deciding where I will go today. I feel like exploring a bit. There are so many places I haven't seen in my area as of yet. Many things I have not found. One thing I am still looking for is the used book store. I love used book stores. Even though I have a kindle and am joined at the hip with amazon.com; I still have a passion for these wondrous places.


I do know where the Starbucks is..it is one of the first places I found. I may drive down New River and take some pictures.
I could stay home and just meditate and write. Or take a blanket and my kindle and wonder up my little hollow.


Whatever I decide to do will not include cooking and cleaning today. That's all I know for sure at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Way of Circulating Life Force of the Body and Aura

Promoting better circulation of Chi through your Aura, Chakras and the physical body is one of the simplest and most efficient ways to h...