Friday, June 29, 2012

Reminder to self: Life is an Adventure

I am feeling a bit put out with life in general today. A little discouraged, disillusioned and confused with a dash of anger to add to the mix. Why?? It really doesn't matter. I know what the trigger is but to be honest, it isn't big enough on it's own to inspire this wave of discontent.

I have been trying to get into a local herbal medicine class since last February. I have jumped through all the hoops, signed the papers, gone to all the pre-class interviews etc. I was told as soon as there were enough students, the class would start. I dutifully called every two weeks to find out when and if the class would be starting. I was always told, "not yet, but soon, maybe in a couple of weeks."

Well finally they called and told me to come and fill out another application and take an introductory class. So I did. After arriving there I found out that a class had started in April and was just now finishing up. What??? How could that be???

At first I was stunned, then frustrated and confused...and then I became angry. I processed it all...allowed myself to feel it. And yes, I even cried about it. (After I got home, of course)
I am savvy enough to know enough about myself now, to recognize my reaction is not just about this discovery. It is a trigger for long buried reactions, responses, emotions that I repressed. Add the "insolence of my ego" into the mix, and you have a recipe for exaggerating the impact of this oversight.

I would like to say I am over it. I know it sounds like a small thing to react so strongly to but it was a very important step for me. However, after processing the flood of emotions that swept over me because of this, I find that the initial intensity has faded a lot.

In fact, I am now in a place where I can hear my inner self saying, "everything happens for a reason, in it's own way and in it's own cycle". I believe it. I have done everything I can do to be available for this class when it comes up again and now I will just move along with my own projects. Keeping my eyes and heart open. Who knows what could come along.

I have no idea what could happen next or what I could find. What I do know is this: I do not want bog myself down agonizing over being overlooked for the class. I don't want to be held down and captive by my emotions and my ego over any issue. I want to process the things that bother me, learn from it, release it and move forward. I want to see what could happen next.

I want to continue proving to myself that life is an adventure, not a prison sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Way of Circulating Life Force of the Body and Aura

Promoting better circulation of Chi through your Aura, Chakras and the physical body is one of the simplest and most efficient ways to h...