Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Mountains and The River

Today I went to Sandstone Falls on New River. Describing it would be so difficult simply because it was almost too beautiful to put into words. I say almost because I will try.

It was sunny, very hot and humid. The very air seemed to hold the perfume of the plants and warm dirt mixed with that unique aroma of river water. The sun was bright and all the different shades of green of the lush trees, bushes and plants seemed more vivid. The water rushed through the rocks and and the sound of cascading water of the falls formed a subtle background sound that was exciting and calming at the same time.

I waded (carefully) through the water and rocks to get to the falls. I swam a ways and climbed up on a rock under one of the falls and it was glorious. At this point I remember looking up at the sky and a strange thought came into my head and heart.

I knew in my heart that if I were to leave this earth today..it would be fine because I have been blessed with so many happy days the last few months. So many experiences that I never dreamed I would have. And the pinnacle..to be in that amazing river, surrounded by the mountains with water cascading over me. To look up into the sky and see the vivid blue mixed with perfect white clouds. Breathtaking.

This does not mean that I will never have bad days and stressful times. It means that I have experienced something besides those things. It means that I have opened my heart to notice the beauty of life around me. Sounds corny? Yeah..and its ok..cause it is my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Way of Circulating Life Force of the Body and Aura

Promoting better circulation of Chi through your Aura, Chakras and the physical body is one of the simplest and most efficient ways to h...