Wednesday, August 10, 2011

If I had to name my mood right now it would be amazement!

I am just awestruck by the way things have turned out. I pinch myself sometimes to see if I am really awake. How well I know that life has it's peaks and valleys..road blocks, catastrophes and just plain hard times. But for this moment I am in a place that existed only in my dreams.

I started my new job this week and I am extremely pleased. It is a totally different type of nursing than I have previously experienced. It is simple yet satisfying to my spirit and my financial needs. The work itself is mentally, physically and emotionally challenging. And challenging is the key word.

It is not hopelessly overwhelming with grueling hours spent trying to give good care to so many at a time. I don't leave my job with that horrid feeling that I was not able to take care of every one of my patients in the way they deserved.

My hours are from 9am to 2pm three days a week for now. But I will be working more hours starting this next week. No weekends, holidays or days when the snow is a foot deep. Unless there is an emergency necessity for it. And for my patient I would gladly do whatever needs to be done.

My patient is a woman just a few years older than me. She has a chronic debilitating disease process going on that has left her unable to walk. Her husband is her primary caregiver and how they found me is another story in of itself. Suffice to say they prayed for someone to help them so she could remain at home with her husband and I prayed for just the right nursing job for me.

I have no idea how long this will last but while there I will be able to utilize my knowledge, compassion and empathy for this particular situation. Caregiver's support is a big issue in my heart. I believe it will allow me to approach this job with great sensitivity. This is my niche.

I was off today and my daughter and I went into town to run errands. For some reason I am very tired today. Physically drained. I am just taking it easy this evening. I am going to listen in on a webcast on healing from Divine Mother online.

I have a lot more to say but just don't know how to put it into words. If I had to choose one word it would be Gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Way of Circulating Life Force of the Body and Aura

Promoting better circulation of Chi through your Aura, Chakras and the physical body is one of the simplest and most efficient ways to h...