Saturday, August 27, 2011

Singing to the Earth

For the last 5 years or so I have experienced this strange phenomena. I am sure it is my subconscious exhibiting hidden anxieties. Whenever there are severe natural catastrophes anywhere in the world, I have the same dream. I am sitting with a woman named Elena and we are in some kind of conversation about whatever is going on at the time. Tsunami, earthquake, Floods, Tornados etc... I think it started after Katrina. I never remember the entire conversation but what I always remember is when I come to the part where I say, "What can I do?" Elena always responds with the same answer. "Sing to the Earth."

Ok, well the first time I had this dream, I had absolutely no idea what that meant. I meditated on it but I just could not get to what "singing to the earth" would entail. Was it literal? Was it cryptic? A code, a secret ritual?? I kind of forgot about it until the next time it happened.

I pondered on it a while and then decided to just take it literally. I sang to the Earth. And it felt right. Over the years I have modified my first attempt ..changed the tone, I don't use words, I utilize my "knowing" about energy work while doing it. I essentially make a little ritual of it. It has evolved a lot but the premise is still the same. Even though I don't use words, I use sounds that come to me when my Vibrational level reaches a level I sense is correct. I use tones that sound almost like chants. Sometimes I stand while raising my arms..sometimes I get on the floor and rock back and forth.

For the last year and a half I have become involved in a Healer's Apprenticeship Program. In one of my weekend classes we touched on Shamanism which I had never formally studied at all. I was surprised to find out that some of my practices were considered to be within the Shamanic tradition. And "singing to the earth" reminds me of some of the things I learned that weekend.

But nevermind that...it doesn't matter. Putting labels and placing it in a category does not help or enhance anything about it. The truth is..My Guidance wanted me to sing to the earth. I have no delusions that I am in anyway helping the Earth. On the other hand..it is me using those times when I am anxious about the Earth's condition to remind myself of the beauty and significance of the Earth in physical life. And that, in turn, makes me more aware of my gratitude for the Earth every day.

And so...today I am singing to the Earth. I will be sending Reiki and prayers for all those in the path of this storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Way of Circulating Life Force of the Body and Aura

Promoting better circulation of Chi through your Aura, Chakras and the physical body is one of the simplest and most efficient ways to h...